subhead

Focused Living, One Month at a Time

Friday, July 1, 2011

Introduction and Welcome


30x30x30
Focused Living, One Month at a Time

Why
I wanted to do something that encompasses ways I would like to improve myself and connect deeper to my varied interests, as well as giving myself some discipline to pay attention every day and do the work, then write about it. I have especially wanted to do more writing lately and this structure makes sense to me.  So here goes – welcome, and I hope you may be inspired.

What
My goal is to focus on specific ideas, practices, or routines for a limited amount of time – long enough to create somewhat of a habit, but not so long that I can’t see the end of doing it and might be possibly tempted to quit – I should be able to do just about anything within reason for thirty days, right?   There is so much in this wide wonderful world to learn about, and improve my skills and habits, and dedicate my energy to that I simply must try. I am not planning it all out ahead of time as far as which challenge to do which month – I want to keep it more fluid and flexible. I do have a running list of challenges and topics under consideration, and they are very diverse so far.  I don’t have any expectations of what will come out of this challenge by the end of it, and that’s okay. 

Where
I’m keeping track of it all on my i-Cal, with quick thoughts and notes, and here on this blog I’ll be writing more in depth about each challenge, at least monthly. 

When
Starting July 2011, I am doing 30 different challenges for approximately 30 days (going by the calendar month here, just for ease) for 30 months, so 2.5 years - 2.5 years sounds a lot longer  than 30 months…hmmm.


Who
I am a freelance development professional who helps environmental non-profit organizations fulfill their missions through effective fundraising, outreach, and event planning.  I am passionate about this work and much more including scuba diving, travel, and my boyfriend.  I have done some creative writing, not published (yet) through various classes and workshops and am now looking to do a lot more…Thanks for reading and please feel free to comment, I’d love to hear about your thoughts and experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment